Pre-expanded polystyrene beads
Pre-expanded polystyrene beads as a raw material for expanded polystyrene (EPS)
<Characteristics of Expanded Polystyrene>
- ・Heat insulating:
- Unconnected voids prevent heat transfer, keeping the temperature warm or cold.
- ・Shock absorbing:
- Offers a combination of cushioning and strength, making it suitable as packaging and shock absorbers.
- ・Water resistance:
- Unconnected voids are inaccessible for water storage, preventing water and moisture buildup.
- When expanded by 50 times, the air accounts for 98% of its cubic volumn making it extremely light in weight.
- It can be expanded at any rate and molded into any shape to meet the purpose.
- ・Box for fish and agricultural produce:
- Designed to keep food fresh by keeping it warm or cold.
- ・Shock-absorbing packaging solutions:
- Protect delicate equipment and consumer electronics products from shocks during transportation.
- ・Food packaging and drink cups:
- Designed to keep the content warm for a long time.
- ・Heat insulating building materials:
- Energy-saving insulating materials designed to prevent the outside air from entering inside.
- ・Civil engineering materials:
- Suitable as embankment materials for roads and reclaimed land.
- ・Cushion filling:
- Microbeads offer soft and moldable support.
- ・High-cycle beads:
- An energy-saving alternative for a shorter processing time.
- ・Self-extinguishing ethylene beads:
- ESLEN beads that do not contain hexabromocyclododecane flame retardant.
- ・EPS & Polymers Sales Group
EPS & Polymers Business Division
The 1st Business Headquarters